Born in 1979, studied philosophy and sociology in Munich and Sydney, attended the Zeitenspiegel Reportageschule, works at Zeitenspiegel HQ in Weinstadt. His customers include high-end German glossies such as brand eins and Cicero and the prestigious weekly DIE ZEIT. He has been managing editor of the magazine “natur” since April 2014.
He also chairs the German-Chinese Media Network.
- 2016 nomination for the Henri Nannen Prize / Egon Erwin Kisch Prize
- 2014 nomination for the German Reporter Prize as “Best freelance reporter”
- 2014 2014 German-Asian Journalist Fellowship of the International Journalists’ Programmes (IJP)
- 2012 nomination for the Kindernothilfe Media Award
- 2011 Gabriel Grüner Grant
- 2010 grant from the German Foreign Ministry to report from China (“Germany and China – Moving ahead together”)
- 2009 kontext research grant
- 2009 Media Ambassadors China-Germany grant (Robert Bosch Foundation/Hamburg Media School)
- Selected in 2008 as one of Germany’s “top 30 under 30” journalists by Medium Magazin
- 2007 Marion Dönhoff award (Robert Bosch Foundation)