Born in 1959 in Daun, Eifel. Studied photojournalism in Dortmund. Has worked for all the most prominent German magazines including GEO, Stern, and Spiegel, beginning in 1992. With Zeitenspiegel since May 2000.
- 2010 “Red Dot design award communications 2009” for photos in the brochure “Kreatives Handeln”
- 2006 Nominated for the Kindernothilfe media prize for “Zweites Leben kleiner Mörder”(“the second life of little murderers, reported from northern Uganda)
- 2006 Award from the Bridges photo project for “Ein Gigant auf Reisen”
- 1996 First place, socially conscious photography, Freie Wohlfahrtsverbände 1996
- numerous individual and group shows.